United Services for Children is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible digital experience for all visitors to our website, which was designed and developed by our digital partners 1905 New Media. We continually strive to improve the user experience for everyone and apply the relevant accessibility standards, including the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA.
1905 New Media has self-evaluated the website to ensure conformance with WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards. While we aim to maintain full compliance, there may be some areas of the website that have nonconformance, known or unknown. We continuously work to improve our website and address these issues as they are identified.
Despite our efforts to ensure full compliance with WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards, we acknowledge that some areas of our website may have accessibility limitations. The following list details known nonconformance issues, along with our plans for addressing them:
- Simple and Complex Images: Certain images or charts may not have sufficient alternative text descriptions. We are in the process of reviewing these images and adding detailed descriptions to meet accessibility standards. This work is expected to be completed by 12/31/2023.
- Keyboard Navigation: Some parts of the website may have limited keyboard navigation functionality, making it difficult for users who rely on keyboard-only navigation. We are actively working to identify and fix these issues, with an estimated completion date of 12/31/2023.
- Color Contrast: Some text and background color combinations on the website may not meet the minimum contrast ratio required by WCAG 2.1 Level AA. We are in the process of reviewing and adjusting the color contrast to ensure better readability for users with visual impairments. Estimated completion date: 12/31/2023.
- Links: Some links may not be reachable by screen readers. We are in the process of reviewing and adjusting the content to ensure access. Estimated completion date: 12/31/2023.
- Form Labels and Error Messages: Some form elements on our website may lack proper labeling or contain unclear error messages, making it difficult for users with assistive technology to complete these forms. We are working to improve the form labels and error messages to meet accessibility standards. Estimated completion date: 12/31/2023.
- Resize Text: Certain parts of the website may not scale properly when users resize text to improve readability. We are working to address these issues to ensure that our website remains functional and accessible when text is resized. Estimated completion date: 12/31/2023.
- PDF Documents: Some PDF documents on our website may not be fully accessible to screen readers or other assistive technologies. We are working to update these documents to ensure they meet accessibility requirements or provide alternative accessible formats where necessary. Please contact us for further assistance..
This website has been optimized for use with screen readers, including JAWS and VoiceOver. We recommend using the latest versions of these screen readers, along with up-to-date web browsers, to ensure the best possible user experience.
Testing Measures for Digital Accessibility
To ensure the accessibility of our website, we have implemented the following testing measures:
- Regular automated testing using trusted accessibility evaluation tools to identify and resolve any potential accessibility issues.
- Manual testing by our accessibility team, who have experience and knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and best practices.
- User testing with individuals with disabilities to gain valuable feedback on the real-world accessibility of our website.
Our website relies on the following technical specifications to ensure conformance with WCAG 2.1 Level AA:
- HTML5 for website structure and content,
- CSS3 for visual design and layout,
- ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) attributes to improve the accessibility of dynamic content and advanced user interface controls.
Feedback, Alternative Access and Support
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. If you experience any accessibility issues or have suggestions for improving the website, please contact us using the following methods:
We will work to address your concerns as soon as possible and appreciate your input in helping us create a more inclusive and accessible website for all users.