(UPDATE March 27, 2020: United Services will remain closed through April 24)
Responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and following the recommendations of St. Charles County officials and the CDC, United Services for Children will close Wednesday, March 18, through Friday, April 3. The agency will reopen Monday, April 6, 2020.
All early intervention classes, therapy sessions and family support activities are cancelled through April 3.
We understand that this is a difficult and confusing time for many families. We are committed to maintaining communication with them throughout this public health crisis and being responsive to their needs and concerns.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. We will keep families informed through phone and email messages, and post updates on our website and Facebook page:
It saddens us to interrupt therapy and early education services that are so vital to children with developmental disabilities and delays. The intervention they receive at this critical point in their development improves outcomes for the rest of their lives. We are determined to resume in-person services as soon as possible, with our top priority being the safety and health of the children and families we serve.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone practice social distancing and fight the spread of Coronavirus by practicing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay home and away from others if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
We look forward to welcoming children back to United Services on April 6.